Wednesday 4 January 2017

Johannes Spinnewijn

I got to know Tony as one of the great minds in economics when studying Public Economics. That was before coming to the LSE. While feeling terribly sad, I am also very grateful that I have had the opportunity to really get to know Tony here. Not just for who he was professionally, but also for who he was as a person. He was so incredibly kind and generous in his enthusiasm and interest, for research and beyond. He has surprised and inspired me with his modesty and ongoing commitment to research. 

Almost apologetically knocking on my door to have lunch or coffee? Of course, always!
Always making the trip to London – even after falling sick – when I would invite him (as apologetically) to a presentation. Much appreciated!

I will miss him dearly.

No comments :

Post a Comment